As of September 1, 2019, you must complete an approved Class 1 Mandatory Entry-Level Training (MELT) course before you can book your road test to obtain a Class 1 licence to drive a semi-trailer truck. KMS Transport Driving Academy is registered with Manitoba Public Insurance (MPI) as a Mandatory Entry Level Training (MELT) provider.
121.5 Hour Mandatory Entry-Level Training (MELT) Course
- 40.5 hours classroom training
- 40.0 hours in-yard training
- 41.0 hours in-cab training
Total 121.5 hours of training
• 18 years of age or older
• Have a valid class 5 licence
• Successfuly completed class 1 written beginner's license (class 1 authorized instruction)
• Successfully completed written air brake test ( “I” endorsement - authorized air brake instruction)
- Student Handbooks
For all students who take MELT in Manitoba, you can book your road test only after the school notifies MPI that you have successfully completed your MELT course.